The tides, rising, falling, following the moon...

Welcome to my story. It is my daily story. An artist and art instructor, writer, and teacher, I hope to provide some solace, some laughter, some suggestions, some stories; and, a few ideas to those who decide to read me. Come sit with me on my deck, overlooking a constantly moving river. I'll have an iced tea with lemon, or a glass of wine if the sun should set just so. You are, of course, invited to sit and enjoy along with me. But know this: I'll want to know if you have any stories, and I always take pictures to preserve the moments.































































































































































































































































The river serves to remind me that we live out cycles much as the river washes in and out according to the heartbeat of the ocean. Can you hear the heartbeat of the universe?































































































































































































































































Well, you can try. Smile.































































































































Sunday, March 21, 2010

The River of Redemption

The washing of daily life down the river of time is a beauty to behold. I've been sitting riverside, on the Beaufort River's Northeastern banks and felt time slow down these past two days. Stress has faded. Yet, my goals are clearly there and I am feeling better about taking on some challenges...

The river this morning at about 7:30 was like glass, steely, blues and grays by the myriads, shining like alien jewels. In the distance marsh hens or white wader birds took off each flying solo, graduatedly, one behind the other. A woodpecker lives in this neighborhood as do doves, and I even think I hear an owl (I get owls sounds mixed up with dove sounds).

I photographed the horizon line where the river met the sky and merged into one visually indistinguashable body of river and sky. These visions are what have been calling me calling me calling me. Feasts for my eyes, a gracious gift of Allah.

He heard my call for specifically some place where I could heal in my mind.

My animals are wonderful. Diego and DiOnna love it here, I'm sure they would answer me if I asked. They sit close to me now, DiOnna laying on the floor to my left and Diego sitting in front of me, near my left leg. He seems to be looking out he door into the trees and he also seems peaceful.

They have the run of the entire length of the place with no blocks, only an obstacle course of open or shut doors to all the little rooms. Diego skids across he kitchen floor when they're running through.

Swamp Marsh Woman

No comments:

Post a Comment